Confession 2
The alarm sounded at 7:33 and I rolled my head to try to hide from the sound. It happened to be one of the restless nights that is common with this disorder. I will go to sleep at a normal hour but then wake up 2 or 3 times during the night and not be able to go back to sleep. Eventually I surrendered to my alarm and decided to get ready for what would be a cold day in Poplarville, Mississippi. Now mania is a term used for when we reach what we call our high. This is also described as free cocaine because when it hits nothing is stopping us. There was one time a few years back I hit this high and I kid you not, I worked out for a good 5 hours. The best way I can describe it to you is with one term and that term is invincibility. Today, I got some free cocaine and not from the guy down the street but from a chemical imbalance. The first thing on my list was to take a test but y'all don't want to hear about that... I drive a United Motors motorcycle and some days its to cold to really test the power but today it started right up. This invincibility kicked in right when my butt touched that seat. I revved it a few times and when I got to the high way I got to see what it had. I only took it sixty but my destination was less then two tenths of a mile. After I finished my motorcycle fiasco I had really had nothing else but practice today. Although as i'm writing this blog thinking about if y'all will like it our not I do have a thought for you all. There are 1.2 million people with bipolar and most likely you may know one or two. When they reach this manic stage help them make some good choices. Spending sprees are very common and not just that but some times we feel like superman and until someone brings us down to earth something could happen. I look forward to a more eventful day tomorrow and a more entertaining post.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment